16 hours / 2 days
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (Online Synchronous)
This course covers the implementation of engineering maintenance strategy to enhance performance levels of public transport fleets.
This course equips participants with the knowledge and skills to develop technical maintenance workflows and procedures to augment improvements in maintenance-related.
Participants will learn various concepts and techniques such as Lean, Audit concepts, Techniques for determining mean time between failure (MTBF) and conducting engineering feasibility studies and/or assessments to recommend adoption of new initiatives in improving maintenance plan and implement audits for public transport fleet maintenance activities.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Analyse organisational work assignments for maintenance of public transport fleet to recommend priority of maintenance activities
2. Communicate guiding principles and quality standards of maintenance activities to relevant stakeholders to ensure objectives of maintenance plans are met
3. Implement audits for public transport fleet maintenance activities
4. Conduct engineering studies and feasibility assessments to recommend adoption of new initiatives in improving public transport fleet maintenance plans
5. Prepare maintenance and inspection reports for management
Topics to be covered
1. Types of work assignments for maintenance of public transport fleet
2. Fundamental principles of maintenance management and asset integrity
3. Guiding principles and quality standards for repair, maintenance and testing methodologies of public transport systems and equipment
4. Lean concepts, methodology and tools required for public transport fleet maintenance activities
5. Techniques for determining mean time between failure (MTBF)
6. Audit requirements for public transport fleet maintenance activities
7. Emergency response procedures
8. Methods to conduct engineering studies and feasibility assessments
Technician / Senior Technician / Assistant Engineer / Senior Assistant Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Nitec and Above
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $1,000.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $21.00
GST payable for others: $70.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$900.00||$121.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$700.00||$321.00|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$700.00||$321.00|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$900.00||$121.00|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$1,070.00|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.