6:30pm to 10:30pm (Mon & Wed)
Mode of Training:
The course is designed to allow participants to pick up the essential 3D modelling and drawing skills through hands-on sessions using Autodesk Inventor software. They can apply their skills in designing various devices and equipment, and creating drawing documentation of the designed part and assembly models. They can also use the designed items for various application such as manufacturing, simulation, etc.
The objective of the course is to equip participants with essential knowledge and skills in computer-aided part modelling, assembly modelling, and drawing documentation using Autodesk Inventor.
Topic 1, Part Modelling
• Introduction to part modelling environment
• Sketch tools for constructing features’ profiles
• Geometric dimensioning and constraints
• Features creation tools such as holes, fillets, and chamfers
• Work features such as planes, axes and points
• Advanced part modelling commands / tools such as pattern, mirror, rib, shell, sweep, loft, and face draft
Topic 2, Assembly Modelling
• Introduction to assembly modelling environment
• Placing part models and content centre components for assembly modelling
• Assembly constraints and motion constraints for assembly modelling
• Animation of motion
• Creating exploded views of assembly model
Topic 3, Drawing Documentation
• Introduction to drawing creation environment
• Using various tools for creating various drawing views such as base view, projected view, section view, detailed view, and break-out view
• Various tools for placing dimension, texts, and symbols
• Features of assembly drawing
• Bill Of Material (BOM), parts list, and balloons for assembly drawing
Draughtsman, Product / Components design engineer, Precision machining machinist, Manufacturing engineer, Others who are keen to learn and apply the 3D modelling and drawing
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Basic knowledge in reading technical drawings and blueprints
• Basic computer literacy
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.