9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This course covers some basic concepts on networking and database and allow the participants to understand some typical terminologies used in IoT/I4.0.
The fundamental networking knowledge acquired in this course allows the participants to pursue more advanced training programmes in the areas of IoT/i4.0 by taking up more advanced course such as “Practical Applications of Condition Monitoring for Industry 4.0”. This course is in collaboration with Bosch Rexroth Regional Training Centre (BRRTC) with support of SSG and JTC.
This course equips participants with essential knowledge and skill on networking and database. Participants can apply their skills in creating a local network, assigning IP addresses, setting up a database server, and designing simple web-based applications to interact with database.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the concepts of LAN, WAN, IP addressing, Subnetting.
2. Connect and configure LAN network
3. Explain the concepts of server, client, database, web application, etc.
4. Install and operate database
5. Program a simple web based application
Topics to be covered
1. Basics of Network and IP Addressing
2. Web, server and client
4. Web applications
Engineer, Assistant/Associate Engineer, Technician
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Diploma, ITE Qualification or participants with related experience or working in engineering or IT environment
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.