20 Dec 2019 - Email notification will be sent
120 hours (inclusive of 40 hours of e-learning & 21 hours of projects)
Wed (6:30pm to 9:30pm) & Sat (10am to 5pm)
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic, T1A
This course is a complete introduction to blockchain application development and will enable participants to join the ranks of the blockchain professionals in the financial services industry. At the end of the 120-hr course, participants will learn how to set up blockchain, create cryptocurrencies and develop smart contracts.
Topic 1: What is Blockchain?
• Digital Cash, Bitcoin and Blockchain
• Cryptography in Blockchain
• Proof of Work, How it Works
• Byzantine Fault Tolerance, Consensus Protocols
• Lab 1: Set Up a Blockchain
Topic 2: How Bitcoin Works?
• Understanding Bitcoin Mining
• Mining Hardware
Topic 3: What’s in a Bitcoin Transaction?
• Public Private Keys
• Lab 2a: Using Crypto Wallets
• Lab 2b: Create a Cryptocurrency
Topic 4: Beyond Bitcoin – The Blockchain Ecosystem
Topic 5: Ethereum & Smart Contracts
• Lab 3: Writing a Smart Contract
Junior software developers/engineers with an interest in blockchain.
Professionals with development/programming background with an interest in blockchain.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- Participants will be required to attempt a mandatory test and pass this test. The test is single attempt only. Only participants who have successfully passed the test will be eligible to be enrolled into the programme.
- Participants must have their own laptop pre-installed with a standard programming environment (Linux/Ubuntu or Mac OS X)
- Windows PCs with Virtual Machines running Linux/Ubuntu equipped with terminal and a text editor are accepted
Please note that participants with native Windows OS will need to ensure they can source for their own programming environment tools as this is a developer-centric course and Windows OS is not suitable for blockchain development.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participants are required to submit an assignment, and present their solution to the trainer.
A Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate) will be issued to every participant whose attendance is not less than 75% and has completed the final assignment.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.