20 Dec 2019 - Email notification will be sent
120 hours (inclusive of 40 hours of e-learning & 21 hours of projects)
Wed (6:30pm to 9:30pm) & Sat (10am to 5pm)
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic, T1A
This course is a complete introduction to blockchain application development and will enable participants to join the ranks of the blockchain professionals in the financial services industry. At the end of the 120-hr course, participants will learn how to set up blockchain, create cryptocurrencies and develop smart contracts.
Topic 1: What is Blockchain?
• Digital Cash, Bitcoin and Blockchain
• Cryptography in Blockchain
• Proof of Work, How it Works
• Byzantine Fault Tolerance, Consensus Protocols
• Lab 1: Set Up a Blockchain
Topic 2: How Bitcoin Works?
• Understanding Bitcoin Mining
• Mining Hardware
Topic 3: What’s in a Bitcoin Transaction?
• Public Private Keys
• Lab 2a: Using Crypto Wallets
• Lab 2b: Create a Cryptocurrency
Topic 4: Beyond Bitcoin – The Blockchain Ecosystem
Topic 5: Ethereum & Smart Contracts
• Lab 3: Writing a Smart Contract
Junior software developers/engineers with an interest in blockchain.
Professionals with development/programming background with an interest in blockchain.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- Participants will be required to attempt a mandatory test and pass this test. The test is single attempt only. Only participants who have successfully passed the test will be eligible to be enrolled into the programme.
- Participants must have their own laptop pre-installed with a standard programming environment (Linux/Ubuntu or Mac OS X)
- Windows PCs with Virtual Machines running Linux/Ubuntu equipped with terminal and a text editor are accepted
Please note that participants with native Windows OS will need to ensure they can source for their own programming environment tools as this is a developer-centric course and Windows OS is not suitable for blockchain development.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participants are required to submit an assignment, and present their solution to the trainer.
A Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate) will be issued to every participant whose attendance is not less than 75% and has completed the final assignment.
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.