120 hours (inclusive of 40 hours of e-learning & 21 hours of projects)
6:30pm to 9:30pm, Wednesday
10:00am to 5:00pm, Saturday
Mode of Training:
Blended (F2F & Online Synchronous)
This course is a complete introduction to blockchain application development and will enable participants to join the ranks of the blockchain professionals in the financial services industry. At the end of the 120-hr course, participants will learn how to set up blockchain, create cryptocurrencies and develop smart contracts.
Topic 1: What is Blockchain?
• Digital Cash, Bitcoin and Blockchain
• Cryptography in Blockchain
• Proof of Work, How it Works
• Byzantine Fault Tolerance, Consensus Protocols
• Lab 1: Set Up a Blockchain
Topic 2: How Bitcoin Works?
• Understanding Bitcoin Mining
• Mining Hardware
Topic 3: What’s in a Bitcoin Transaction?
• Public Private Keys
• Lab 2a: Using Crypto Wallets
• Lab 2b: Create a Cryptocurrency
Topic 4: Beyond Bitcoin – The Blockchain Ecosystem
Topic 5: Ethereum & Smart Contracts
• Lab 3: Writing a Smart Contract
Junior software developers/engineers with an interest in blockchain.
Professionals with development/programming background with an interest in blockchain.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
2. Participants will be required to attempt a mandatory test and pass this test. The test is single attempt only. Only participants who have successfully passed the test will be eligible to be enrolled into the programme.
3. Participants must have their own laptop pre-installed with a standard programming environment (Linux/Ubuntu or Mac OS X)
- Windows PCs with Virtual Machines running Linux/Ubuntu equipped with terminal and a text editor are accepted
Please note that participants with native Windows OS will need to ensure they can source for their own programming environment tools as this is a developer-centric course and Windows OS is not suitable for blockchain development.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture Credit
Terms and Conditions
note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.