60 hours/ 12 sessions
6:00pm to 10:00pm (Tue)
6:00pm to 10:00pm (Thur)
9:00am to 6:00pm (Sat)
80RR Fintech Hub SG
The FinTech Fundamentals Programme (FFP) course will provide a comprehensive understanding of the various key concepts, business models and technologies of the FinTech and Blockchain sectors, which are emerging areas in the Financial Services industry and provide a solid grounding for participants to pursue a career or progression in these exciting new areas.
The FFP endeavours to equip learners with the right set of skills and knowledge in Fintech which is required in the digitalised finance services industry. Learners will be introduced to various key concepts, business models and technologies relating to Fintech, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency to name a few.
Introduction to FinTech
• Understand the current state of various thematic areas in the FinTech ecosystem on banking, insurance, asset and wealth management and financial infrastructure.
• Learn about the Blue Ocean Strategy and how it can be applied to FinTech to transform business models, improve customer experience, generate insights and drive product-service innovation.
Design Thinking in Financial Services
• Gain an awareness of how design thinking can be applied in a wide range of contexts.
Cloud Computing & Cybersecurity
• Learn the fundamentals and essentials of cloud computing and its associated business values.
Big Data and Machine Learning in Finance
• Employ data-driven decision making for your strategies and operations to create maximum impact.
Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
• Learn about digital currencies, blockchain technology and their global impact.
• Learn about the implications of open banking via the provision of APIs to access systems and customer data
• The hackathon project is a culmination of the knowledge gained across the different modules in this programme.
Professionals, Managers, Executives working in/will be exploring or assigned roles related to FinTech.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Applicants should have a Polytechnic Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Business or any other relevant disciplines.
• Applicants should have working knowledge on FinTech and must have a Polytechnic Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Business or any other relevant discipline.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.