|Course Date||Frequency||Registration Period||Mode of Training||Date of Examination||Status|
|04 Oct to 22 Nov 2021||Every Mon & Tue||28 Jul to 28 Aug 2021||Blended (F2F & Online Synchronous)||8 Dec 2021|
6:00pm to 9:00pm
|28 Sept to 16 Nov 2021||Every Tue & Thur||28 Jul to 28 Aug 2021||Blended (F2F & Online Synchronous)||8 Dec 2021|
6:00pm to 9:00pm
|06 Oct to 24 Nov 2021||Every Wed & Fri||28 Jul to 28 Aug 2021||Blended (F2F & Online Synchronous)||8 Dec 2021|
6:00pm to 9:00pm
1. Classes are not held during on public holidays or on long weekends when a public holiday falls on a Saturday or a Monday.
2. Your application will be reviewed before we offer you a placement in the course.
6:30pm to 9:30pm
The Fire Safety Act 1993 and Fire Safety Regulations 1994 require the appointment of Fire Safety Managers for designated properties. The amended FSM regulations gazetted on 13 Apr 2007 aims to make further improvements to the FSM scheme. This course prepares the participants to take on the role of a Fire Safety Manager. Upon completion, each participant will receive the Fire Safety Manager Certificate awarded by SCDF.
Understand the importance of fire safety, the installation and maintenance of fire safety systems, and the roles and responsibilities of a fire safety manager
1. Behaviour of fire
2. Fire Safety design – Fire Protection Systems
3. Use ideation and creative thinking methods to design and develop solution prototypes
4. Fire safety management – Fire Safety Act & Regulations
5. Maintenance of Fire Protection System, Building Inspection & testing
Building Executives, Maintenance Officers, Property Managers, Facilities Managers, Strata Managers, Architectural Assistants, Civil Engineering Assistants, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Assistants, Building Services Engineering Assistants, Project Managers, Building owners and personnel responsible for fire safety and other related fields who are required to ensure that the property is in compliance with the latest Fire Safety Act and the Fire Safety Regulations.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
1. 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes including attaining the following grades in:
• English Language - Minimum Grade D7
• Mathematics - Minimum Grade C6
• Physics/Physical Science/General Science - Minimum Grade C6
2. ITE Higher NITEC or Industrial Technician Certificate (ITC)
3. Full GCE ‘A’ Level Certificate (minimum of 2 ‘H2’ and 2 ‘H1’ Level passes including General Paper)
4. Diploma (excluding Specialist Diploma) from local polytechnics (NP, NYP, RP, SP or TP)
5. SIM Diploma in Management Studies
6. Degree from local universities
7. MOM Registered Workplace Safety Health Officer Certificate
8. FSMAS Certificate in Fire Safety Emergency Management Course (plus 5 GCE ‘O’ level passes in ANY subject)
9. 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including English and Mathematics) and passed the Pre-Enrolment Test in Science
10. 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including English and Science) and passed the Pre-Enrolment Test in Mathematics
11. 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including Mathematics and Science) and passed the British Council’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 5.5 or proficiency level 6 for all modules under the Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) prescribed by Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
If you do not meet the above mentioned entry requirements, you may submit your qualifications (Certificate and Results Transcript) with your name, email and telephone number to SCDF via Email : email@example.com for verification.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Fire Safety Manager Certificate will be issued by SCDF to every participant whose attendance is not less than 80% and passed the examinations.
• Examination results and e-certificate will be released via email approximately 8 weeks after the date of the examination.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.