9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
Classroom and Laboratory
The course helps to provide industry-relevant training opportunities for Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) with essential skills and competencies, allowing them to have competitive advantages in the job market of Food Manufacturing, so that they are job ready to take on PMET positions. Food industry remain largely resilient where hiring are still ongoing.
The course fee is highly supported by Workforce Singapore (WSG) as a National initiative movement to provide Singaporeans and PRs with the opportunities to develop their fullest potential.
The course aims to prepare Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) from adjacent sectors with necessary skills to become job-ready in the Food Manufacturing sector. Participants will be trained in topics on fundamental food science and technology and productivity.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
• Apply technical skills for the safe and hygienic handling of food
• Enhance effective and holistic approach towards managing food hygiene and safety within food premises
• Analyse food processing skills applied in food processing
• Explain types and functions of food packaging
• Apply thermal processing on different types of food using thermal processor
• Practise supervisory and management skills and techniques in Food Safety Management System
• Implement 5S to maintain superior quality and improve work environment in food industry
• Develop methods to eliminate waste and increase productivity
Maintenance Manager, Production Lead, Quality Control (QC) Supervisor
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
PMETs who are looking to work in the Food Manufacturing sector. Open to all Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents who are mid-career switchers with 2 years of working experience.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others |
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.