21 hours / 3 days
9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
Classroom and Practical
To train personnel on the vector management and control
A. Introduction to Vectors & Overall Vector Situation in Singapore
- Definition of Vector
- Important public health vectors
- Understanding vector-borne diseases
- Methods of disease transmission
B. General Morphology & Biology of Mosquitoes
- aedes aegypti
- aedes albopictus
- anopheles malculatus
- anopheles sundaicus
- culex quinquefasciatus
- culex gelidus
- culex tritaeniorhynchus
C. Introduction to Commonly-Used Pesticides and Equipment
- Commonly-used pesticides
- Commonly-used vector control equipment
- Safety on handling of pesticides
- Personal protective equipment for vector control
- D. Integrated Pest Management for Mosquito Control
- Environmental Control
- Chemical Control
- Biological Control
- Genetic Control
- Mosquito Surveillance
E. General Morphology & Control of Rodents
- Species of rodents in Singapore
- Rodent-borne diseases
- Rodent Surveillance
- Signs of Rodent Infestation
- Rodent Control Techniques
F. General Morphology & Control of:
- Hornets & Bees
G. Implementing a Vector Management Plan
- Establishing a baseline survey
- Resources required
- Zoning Method
- Management of PCO
- Performance Evaluation
H. Field Practical Sessions
- Practical sessions on identification of potential breeding habitats
- Practical sessions on recognising signs of rodent infestation
Environmental control personnel
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Environmental control personnel
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participants upon achieving 75% attendance rate and passing all the prescribed assessments will be awarded the Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate).
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs ||Singapore Citizens ||Others |
|Non-SME sponsored ||1Sponsored by SME ||2Aged 40 and above |
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
<Registration may be closed once seats are filled up.>
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.