|Course Date||Registration closing date||Mode of Training||Course Status|
|15 to 16 Dec (Thu and Fri)|| 30 Nov 2022||Facilitated Learning (F2F)||Ongoing|
16 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Have you ever wondered how you could generate relevant information and gain insights from your data using Excel 2016? Become an Excel power user and increase your job efficiency by equipping yourself with emerging data analysis skills.
This fundamental data analysis course is designed to equip you with relevant Excel skills for the purpose of analyzing data in business applications.
You will learn how to import data from various sources, merge data and organize them for visual presentation, and analyze the data to gain insights to support decision making.
By the end of the course, you will have:
An understanding of how to apply most commonly used statistical and lookup functions.
The ability to gather data and organize the data for analysis in business.
Knowledge in chart generation and interpretation.
The ability to build dashboards
using PivotTables and PivotCharts.
Skills in using Excel What-If Analysis and Data Analysis tools for generating different scenarios of business environment and aiding decision making.
Collecting and Managing Business Data
• Getting external data from various sources.
• Preparing data using text manipulation.
• Using statistical functions and formulae.
• Extracting data with lookup functions.
• Formatting and conditional formatting.
• Tapping into real data from the Internet for business analysis
• Plotting different types of charts. Customizing charts for presentations. Using Sparklines.
Building Dashboard using PivotTables and PivotCharts
• Understanding and use of Excel tables.
• Creating PivotTables to analyze worksheet data.
• Creating dashboards using PivotCharts for visual presentation.
Adding Slicers and Timelines for interactive display.
• Introducing multi-table PivotTables and data model.
Decision making using What-If Analysis
• Building Data Tables. Building charts from Data Tables. Using Scenario Manager for reporting different scenarios. Exploring Data Analysis tools.
• Practicing a list of tasks that help hone data analysis skills in generating required information.
Public Service Officer, Managers, Administrative Officers, Executives and general public
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic computer skills. Prior knowledge of Microsoft Excel, although advantageous, is not necessary.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $370.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $7.77
GST payable for others: $25.90
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$333.00||$44.77|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$259.00||$118.77|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$259.00||$118.77|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$333.00||$44.77|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$395.90|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.