To be advised
To be advised
16 hours / 2 days
Mon & Tue, 9am – 6pm
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic, T1A
There is great demand for analytical capabilities at all levels and functions of an organisation. Business analysts, data scientists, project managers and executive management are increasingly utilising analytics in their day-to-day work. As organisations become more analytically focused, even professionals who are in non-analytics roles need to have a good grasp of how analytics is used. This course will provide participants the fundamentals knowledge to analyse data using graphical visualisation and quantitative methods in the R platform. Participants will be able to apply the learnt skillsets to analyse data collated in their course of work, and present their analysis incorporating graphical plots, detailed explanation, and R codes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Develop working knowledge on R programming for purposes of data analysis
• Apply the learnt skillsets to analyse data collated in their course of work, and present their analysis incorporating graphical plots, detailed explanation, and R codes.
• Develop recommendations based on research findings and data analysed
• Manipulations and mathematical operations using R
• Quantitative methods 101
• Programming essentials
• Data preprocessing
• Data Visualisation using graphical plots
• Using Knitr to create research reports
This course is suitable for roles that involve research and analysis of data to create actionable insights such as Junior Data Analysts, Professionals, Managers and Executives.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
GCE “O” level English and Mathematics
Participants are required to bring their laptops for this training
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.