16 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday & Tuesday
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
There is great demand for analytical capabilities at all levels and functions of an organisation. Business analysts, data scientists, project managers and executive management are increasingly utilising analytics in their day-to-day work. As organisations become more analytically focused, even professionals who are in non-analytics roles need to have a good grasp of how analytics is used. This course will provide participants the fundamentals knowledge to analyse data using graphical visualisation and quantitative methods in the R platform. Participants will be able to apply the learnt skillsets to analyse data collated in their course of work, and present their analysis incorporating graphical plots, detailed explanation, and R codes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Develop working knowledge on R programming for purposes of data analysis
• Apply the learnt skillsets to analyse data collated in their course of work, and present their analysis incorporating graphical plots, detailed explanation, and R codes.
• Develop recommendations based on research findings and data analysed
• Manipulations and mathematical operations using R
• Quantitative methods 101
• Programming essentials
• Data preprocessing
• Data Visualisation using graphical plots
• Using Knitr to create research reports
This course is suitable for roles that involve research and analysis of data to create actionable insights such as Junior Data Analysts, Professionals, Managers and Executives.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
GCE “O” level English and Mathematics
Participants are required to bring their laptops for this training
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.