16 hours / 2 days
8:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
The emphasis is on the practical aspects of composite structural repair. Learner will be given some initial theory to enable them to work safely and to appreciate the reasons for the choice of repair materials and techniques.
The objective is to provide key training to learner covering the basic skills, knowledge, and understanding of composite repair process and to go into working environment informed and able to start simple repairs upon completion where skills can be gained with practice.
• Identify the type and application of composite materials
• Identify composite repair facility
• Identify the principal steps in composite repair process
• Taper sand and locate ply boundaries and orientations
• Perform wet lay-up and prepreg bonded repairs to laminates and carbon sandwich face sheets and cores
• Perform vacuum bagging procedures with leak test verification
• Manage cure cycles and thermocouples
• Managed material storage
• Introduction of specialized equipment for bonding (Hot Bonders)
Personnel working with composite materials
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Minimum secondary school education,
• Participants should not have colour deficiency,
• Participants have to be able bodied to carry out practical activities
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.