16 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This course will equip participants with basic skills in Docker and Kubernetes as enterprises increasingly adopt a cloud-native approach towards managing their portfolio of applications. This paradigm shift requires new ways of thinking and modern skillsets to build scalable and resilient applications and infrastructure.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to support their organisations to build scalable and highly available enterprise applications using Docker and Kubernetes containerization technologies.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain what is Docker and why companies benefit from using it
• Describe the various components of the Docker architecture
• List the advantages of a containerized application development and deployment
• Create and manage a Docker image
• Create and run a Docker container
• Work with Docker Registry for pulling and pushing images
• Apply the techniques to containerize an application
• Use volumes as persistent data storage for containers
• Use Docker-compose to build dependent container-based applications
• Identify best practices for building containerized applications
• Explain what is Kubernetes, and how it helps companies to build scalable and highly available applications
• List the various components of the Kubernetes architecture
• State the benefits of Kubernetes
• Explain what is YAML and how it is used for declarative configurations in Kubernetes
• Create and interact with different Kubernetes objects such as pods, replicaset, deployment, services and namespaces
• Create and inject commands, arguments and environment variables into pods
• Create configuration files such as configmaps and secrets
• Use volumes as persistent data storage for pods
• Create and use persistent volume and persistent volume claims to store pod data
Topics to be covered
1. Docker Overview
2. Docker Architecture
3. Docker & DevOps
4. Docker Images
5. Docker Containers
6. Docker Registry
7. Containerize an App
8. Docker Storage
10. Docker Best Practices
1. Intro to Kubernetes
2. YAML (Yet Another Markup Language)
7. Namespaces, Commands & Arguments
8. ENV Variables, ConfigMaps
10. Persistent Volume & Persistent Volume Claims
DevOps Engineer / Software Engineer / Applications Support Engineer / Software Architect / Cloud Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic knowledge of scripting and Linux
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $820.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $17.22
GST payable for others: $57.40
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$738.00||$99.22|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$574.00||$263.22|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$574.00||$263.22|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$738.00||$99.22|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$877.40|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.