*Online registration will be closed once we have reached the maximum class size
8 hours / 1 day
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Mode of assessment:
The mode of assessment will be a written test, based on the safety, regulatory and basic knowledge imparted during the course.
The written test will be comprising of multiple-choice questions, and will be covering the safety and operations aspect of handling a drone/UAV system.
With the ongoing drive by various industries to improve productivity, companies have been looking towards the employment of drone systems to assist inspection and surveillance teams to do checks normally requiring huge amount of manpower and/or equipment, such as the building and construction industry and facility management
This course aims to provide the participants with the basic knowledge to safely and effectively operate UAV systems and able to perform basic maintenance on the UAV to keep the UAV systems operating optimally.
The objective of this course is to provide learners the ability to operate and maintain a UAV.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the regulations and permits required to operate the UAV System
- Describe the setup of a typical UAV System
- Control and use a typical UAV System
- Carry out emergency recovery procedures
Topic to cover,
1. Regulations and Permits required to operate the UAV System
2. Introduction to the setup of a Typical UAV System
3. Basic Controls of a Typical UAV System
4. Emergency Procedures during UAV Operations
Jobs that require the use of UAVs or drones used for videography and photography, building and facility inspections, inspection-at-heights for marine applications and related work. Such job roles will include Building Inspectors and Security Personnel.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants must to be able to understand English, and do not suffer from any form of visual deficiencies.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.