9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
This course is designed to equip participants with fundamental understanding on the architecture design, components assembly, motor drives & drive control and regenerative system of an electric vehicle (EV).
It covers the introduction of system modelling and simulation with high voltage safety implementation for better appreciation on EV charging processes. It further introduces basic maintenance on the power train system to equip participants with basic knowledge during scheduled maintenance; it imparts precautionary measures to handle emergency situation to avoid any unforeseen mishap. Lastly, the course will cover basic concepts of sensors, mapping for vehicle navigation, operation and control in autonomous electric vehicle.
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe and summarise the information of the EV market and standards
• Interpret architecture design, components assembly, motor drives & drive control and regenerative system of an EV
• Explain system modelling and simulation of an EV bus network
• Explain high voltage safety and the EV charging processes
• Describe maintenance procedures and processes for power train system
• Identify ways to handle emergency situations
• Describe the role of sensors, mapping for vehicle navigation, operation and control of autonomous vehicles
Technician, Associate Engineer/Assistant Engineer, Equipment Engineer, Maintenance Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
|Applicants/Eligibility||Total fees (incl. GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$127.05|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$337.05|
|Singapore Permanent Residents||$337.05|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents2||$127.05|
|Full Course Fee||$1,123.50|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance
to offset respective course fees.1Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP's list of similar funded courses, click
here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.2Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.