To be advised
To be advised
7 hours / 1 day
9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
As the world economy becomes more volatile due to protectionism and automation, jobs are lost resulting in more mid-career switchers. Singapore is especially susceptible with our heavy dependence on international free trade.
The new norm is for working adults to expect multiple job changes or even to work in different industries throughout their life time. The proposed course will equip participants with job-search skills now, and for the future.
This course responds to the urgent need of mid-career switchers (whether for alignment of work interests, or having been retrenched) to create effective résumés to find work quickly in the climate of job dissatisfaction/ loss/ insecurity.
Furthermore, competition for limited job opportunities is a reality and compounds the job-hunting problem. In other words, the ability to create strategic résumés to find continued employment throughout one’s life is crucial.
|Learner Profiles, Objectives and Job Search Methods|
- Learner Profiling: Self-introduction, learning objectives
- Identifying different ways to conduct an effective job search
- Addressing learners’ key concerns about job search and sharing a few motivational examples
- Identifying characteristics of an effective LinkedIn Profile
|Fundamentals of Cover Letter and Résumé Writing |
- Listing the Dos and Don’ts of Cover Letter and Résumé writing
- Quick recapitulation of learning by participants
- Analysis of a sample/peer résumé
|Reflection, Action Plan and Takeaways|
- Identifying key skills and commonalities between participants
- Individual Self-reflection Assessment
- Discussion and addressing remaining concerns by participants
- Drafting individual action plan to improve job application skills
- Sharing of biggest takeaway from the course
|Recapitulation and Participant Feedback|
- Closing: Recap of Key Learning Outcomes, Participant Feedback and issuing of Certificates
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- At least one-year job experience
- At least a Pass in “N’ level English or Equivalent
- Participants to bring 2 hard copies of their resume
- Participants to bring a Smart Phone or Tablet
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.