28 November 2022 to 30 May 2023
10 August 2022 to 11 September 2022
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
E-Learning / Practical Training
The course is for engineering diplomas graduates (or degree in engineering) to have the opportunity to convert their skills into sea going marine engineers.
This course aims to prepare participants for the Class 5 Marine Engineer Certificate of Competency with the operational skills in ship engine room operation according to training standard from International Convention on Standards of Training Certification and Watch Keeping for Seafarer (STCW).
By the end of the course, participants will be able to meet the requirements of the following competence level of Table A-III/1 of the STCW Convention:
1. Evaluate appropriate tools for fabrication, repairs, dismantling/reassembly, maintenance operations found on-board ships.
2. Apply marine engineering knowledge to assist senior marine engineers in providing engineering services for the smooth running of ship machinery.
3. Collaborate with senior marine engineers to assist them with maintenance of marine propulsion and auxiliary machinery at operational level;
4. Demonstrate duties consistent with required safety and environmental regulations.
5. Perform duties effectively on technical matters relating to shipboard practices with personnel at all levels.
Topics to be covered
1. Fabrication Workshop Practices in Welding, Fitting, Machining
3. General Marine Engineering Knowledge on Auxiliary Machines
4. Marine Engineering Knowledge,
5. Marine Diesel Engines and Boilers
6. Control System: Embed control circuit, PLC, Pneumatic Control System
Suitable For Sea going Marine Engineers / Shipyard marketing executive / Commission Engineer / Assistant Engineer / Classification society marketing executive / Marine service provider marketing executive / Marine equipment marketing executive / Fleet-ships Management Technical operation executive / Assistant Superintendent / Marine operation executive / Assistant Superintendent / HSQE executive / Purchasing executive / Marine Engineer / Offshore and marine operation executive / assistant superintendent / Marine Engineer / Marine Seismic company / marine operation executive / assistant superintendent / Marine Engineer / Oil majors marine operation executive / assistant superintendent / Commodity trading company marine operation executive / assistant superintendent / Marine Surveying / Flag or port admin inspector / Third party warranty surveyors.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Diploma in any Engineering discipline for local candidates. For overseas qualification: Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $13,000.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $273.00
GST payable for others: $910.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$11,700.00||$1,537.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$9,100.00||$4,173.00|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$9,100.00||$4,173.00|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$11,700.00||$1,537.00|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$13,910.00|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.