To be advice
7 hours / 1 day
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic, Optometry Centre (SPOC)
This is a skill-upgrading course to provide highly interactive problem based learning to optometrists in the areas of assessment and management of accommodative and non-strabismic binocular vision (A/BV) disorders.
Lectures will cover the key BV testing, diagnosis and evidence-based holistic approaches in managing A/BV disorders. Participants, in small groups, will be able to deepen their knowledge in BV, revise the various BV testing skills and eventually prescribing vision therapy for A/BV disorders
This course aims to deepen optometrists’ knowledge and skills and providing evidence-based holistic approach in managing accommodative and non-strabismic binocular vision (A/BV) disorders.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Effectively assess and diagnose A/BV disorders
2. Manage A/BV disorders holistically using vision therapy
- A/BV Disorders – a problem-based perspective
- Evaluating BV status
- Efficient and effective ways in diagnosing A/BV disorders.
- Case studies in A/BV disorders
- Evidence-based holistic management approach for A/BV disorders
- Preparing your practice for vision therapy
- Testing and diagnosing A/BV disorders
- Case studies and interactive evaluation of A/BV disorders cum Introduction to Vision Therapy in managing A/BV disorders
- Prescribing Vision Therapy for A/BV disorder
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Registered Optometrists (Diploma or Degree)
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
| ||Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above ||Singapore PRs/Foreigners|
|Funding available||50% of the course fee excluding GST (capped at $500 per course)||Nil|
|Course Fees Payable||$235.40 (incl. of GST)||$125.40 (incl. of GST)|
1. Government subsidy will only apply to the course fee portion and will not cover GST
2. For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please click here
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.