7 hours / 1 day
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This is a skill-upgrading course to provide highly interactive problem based learning to optometrists in the areas of assessment and management of accommodative and non-strabismic binocular vision (A/BV) disorders.
Lectures will cover the key BV testing, diagnosis and evidence-based holistic approaches in managing A/BV disorders. Participants, in small groups, will be able to deepen their knowledge in BV, revise the various BV testing skills and eventually prescribing vision therapy for A/BV disorders
This course aims to deepen optometrists’ knowledge and skills and providing evidence-based holistic approach in managing accommodative and non-strabismic binocular vision (A/BV) disorders.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Effectively assess and diagnose A/BV disorders
2. Manage A/BV disorders holistically using vision therapy
• A/BV Disorders – a problem-based perspective
• Evaluating BV status
• Efficient and effective ways in diagnosing A/BV disorders.
• Case studies in A/BV disorders
• Evidence-based holistic management approach for A/BV disorders
• Preparing your practice for vision therapy
• Testing and diagnosing A/BV disorders
• Case studies and interactive evaluation of A/BV disorders cum Introduction to Vision Therapy in managing A/BV disorders
• Prescribing Vision Therapy for A/BV disorder
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Registered Optometrists (Diploma or Degree)
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.