21 - 24 Sep 20
1 Jun - 7 Sep 20
6:30pm to 10:30pm ( Mon - Thu)
Mode of Training:
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is the network of intelligent computers, devices, and objects that collect and share huge amounts of data to enhance manufacturing and industrial processes. IIoT is one of the driving technologies of industry 4.0 or 4th industrial revolution. Participants will gain fundamental knowledge and skills in implementation of IIoT in shop floor.
The objective of the course is to equip participants with fundamental knowledge and skills on implementation of IIoT for shop floor.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Operate a Raspberry Pi controller as an IoT edge device
• Demonstrate the use of various types of sensors for sensing various process variables
• Describe various IoT edge devices and gateways available in the market to be used in industrial environments including industrial-grade Raspberry Pi devices
• Demonstrate the use of various basic Linux commands
• Describe popular shop floor communication protocols, and apply them in IIoT implementation
• Identify popular IoT cloud platforms
• Write programs to acquire data from sensors, process it, and send it to IoT cloud platforms and databases
• Develop dashboards for remote monitoring of sensor data
• Introduction to Raspberry Pi controller
• Frequently-used Linux commands
• Writing Python programs
• Interfacing with various sensors
• Introduction to industrial-grade Raspberry Pi controllers, and other suitable controllers as IoT edge devices/gateways.
• Introduction to Shop floor communication protocols
• Introduction to IoT cloud platforms
• Submitting data to IoT cloud platforms and databases
• Developing dashboards for visualization
• Site-visit to study implemented IIoT solutions at the CNC machines equipped with various sensors and IIoT edge devices including industrial-grade Raspberry Pis.
• Process / Production / Product Test / Maintenance / Integration / Equipment Engineers
• Individuals who would like to acquire fundamental knowledge and skills to implement IIoT
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic computer literacy
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others |
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.