6:30pm to 10:30pm, Monday to Thursday
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is the network of intelligent computers, devices, and objects that collect and share huge amounts of data to enhance manufacturing and industrial processes. IIoT is one of the driving technologies of industry 4.0 or 4th industrial revolution. Participants will gain fundamental knowledge and skills in implementation of IIoT in shop floor.
The objective of the course is to equip participants with fundamental knowledge and skills on implementation of IIoT for shop floor.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate the use of various types of sensors for monitoring various process variables
• Describe various IIoT devices and gateways available in the market to be used in industrial environments
• Describe popular shop floor communication protocols, and apply them in IIoT implementation for shop floor
• Identify popular IIoT cloud platforms
• Write programs or configure to acquire data from sensors, process it, and send it to IIoT cloud platforms and databases
• Develop dashboards for monitoring of data
Topics to be covered
• Introduction to IIoT
• Use of various sensors such as vibration sensors, current transformers, and temperature sensors
• Introduction to shop floor communication protocols such as OPCUA, MQTT, Modbus TCP, and MTConnect
• Introduction to IIoT cloud platforms and databases
• Configuring and writing programs for implementation of IIoT for shop floor
• Developing dashboards for visualization
• Site-visit to study implemented IIoT solutions at the machines installed with various sensors
(Various software and hardware devices such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), wireless IO modules, vibration sensors, current transformers, and temperature sensors, UAExpert, KEPServerEX, Python, MySQL, and Microsoft Power BI will be used for the hands-on sessions of the course.)
• Process / Production / Product Test / Maintenance / Integration / Equipment Engineers
• Individuals who would like to acquire fundamental knowledge and skills to implement IIoT
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic computer literacy
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.