|Course Date||Registration Period||Mode of Training||Status|
|To be confirmed||To be confirmed||Facilitated Learning (F2F)||Ongoing|
9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday and Tuesday
This workshop enables participants to understand the proper procedures in doing import / export and to equip the participants with the necessary skills in doing international trade.
• Understanding international trading terms (e.g. EXW, FCA, CFR, etc.)
• How to do quotations and to prevent losses
• Using the latest terms to your advantage
• Importance and proper uses of documents
• Understanding B/L and AWB
• Purpose of invoice and packing list
• Certificate of origin and it’s applications
• The need for cargo insurance
• Types of policies
• Understanding the exemption clauses
• Claims procedures for damaged cargo
• Types of international payment and transaction
of letter of credit
• Types of letter of credit
• L/C negotiation
• How to overcome L/C discrepancies
Those who are involving in performing tasks relating to the import / export or international trade activities.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
There are no minimum requirements for this course.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Dr William Goh (PhD, MSc, BBus(Tpt), Dip in Shipg Mgt, MCIT, MISM) has more than 20 years of experience in import/export and international trade. Dr Goh is involved in 13 years of lecturing in international trade. He
is the author of three shipping books and is a shipping consultant for over 10 years. Dr Goh is the Principal Consultant of Elim World Trade, Research and Training Resources.
|Applicants/Eligibility||Total fees (incl. GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$45.98|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$121.98|
|Singapore Permanent Residents||$121.98|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents2||$45.98|
|Full Course Fee||$406.60|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance
to offset respective course fees.1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here. 2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.