To be confirmed
To be confirmed
14 hours / 2 days
9am to 5pm (Monday and Tuesday)
Mode of Training:
This workshop enables participants to understand the proper procedures in doing import / export and to equip the participants with the necessary skills in doing international trade.
Dr William Goh (PhD, MSc, BBus(Tpt), Dip in Shipg Mgt, MCIT, MISM) has more than 20 years of experience in import/export and international trade. Dr Goh is involved in 13 years of lecturing in international trade. He is the author of three shipping books and is a shipping consultant for over 10 years. Dr Goh is the Principal Consultant of Elim World Trade, Research and Training Resources.
Day 1 –
• Understanding international trading terms (e.g. EXW, FCA, CFR, etc.)
• How to do quotations and to prevent losses
• Using the latest terms to your advantage
• Importance and proper uses of documents
• Understanding B/L and AWB
• Purpose of invoice and packing list
• Certificate of origin and it’s applications
Day 2 –
• The need for cargo insurance
• Types of policies
• Understanding the exemption clauses
• Claims procedures for damaged cargo
• Types of international payment and transaction
• Operation of letter of credit
• Types of letter of credit
• L/C negotiation
• How to overcome L/C discrepancies
Those who are involving in performing tasks relating to the import / export or international trade activities.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
There are no minimum requirements for this course.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.