1 to 2 Nov 2021
4 May 2021 to 18 Oct 2021
14 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This course will develop and extend your knowledge of the contractual terms in details and how to apply them in a practical manner. You will learn how to use the terms to your advantage. You will also understand the rights and obligations of the buyer and seller. This course will show you how usage of contractual terms can be a powerful tool in your international business dealing.
1. Basic Law of Contract * What is a valid contract? * Conditions for offer and acceptance * Vitiating elements in a contract * What constitute a breach of contract?
2. Incoterms 2020 * Meaning of EXW, FCA, FOB, CFR, CIF, etc * Understanding the obligations of buyer and seller * Incorporation of the trade terms into contract
3. Shipping Documents * Understanding B/L and AWB and its implications * Operation of invoice and packing list * Certificate of origin and inspection
4. Payment Conditions * Open account and advance payment *Applications of DA and DP * Step-by-Step operation of L/C *Irrevocable L/C
5. Understanding UN-CISG * Scope of application * How a contract is formed? * Rules concerning the Sales of goods * Remedies of buyer and seller
6. ICC contract model * Specific and general condition of the contract * Meaning of title and limitations of liability * How disputes are settled in international trade * How to apply the Force majeure clause
Shipping personnel, sales & marketing staff, freight forwarder, banker, trader, importer/exporter, businessman, purchaser, and those keen in upgrading their knowledge in international trade.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
There are no minimum requirements for this course.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.