To be confirmed
To be confirmed
14 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday & Tuesday
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This seminar is designed to give participants an overview and an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the operations of the Letter of Credit and International Trade financing. This seminar aims to provide both the practical and theoretical aspects of the latest and the most effective ways of handling Letter of Credit, its applications, and fraud prevention.
1. Incoterms: Its Rules and Applications
* Incoterms 2020
* Meaning of EXW, FCA, FOB, CFR, and CIF
* How to use the terms to your advantage
* Responsibilities of buyer and seller
* Meaning of title and transfer of risk
* Its customs of trade
2. The Fundamental of International Trade Financing
* Finance for exporter & importer
* Factors for financing
* Types of payments
* Export Credit Insurance
* International Export factoring
* Trust Receipt and Discounting Bill
3. The Elements of Letter of Credit
* Operation of Letter of Credit
* Rules concerning the application of L/C
* Methods of overcoming discrepancies
* Effective methods of checking L/C
* Understanding UCP 600
* How to do financing in Back-to-back LC
4. Understanding International Fraud and Prevention
* Understanding of LC fraud
* Characteristics of LC fraud
* Methods of LC fraud
* Malpractices and weakness in shipping practices
* How to prevent fraud
Shipping personnel, freight forwarder, banker, trader, importer/exporter, businessman, and those keen in upgrading their knowledge in international trade.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
There are no minimum requirements for this course.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.