18 hours / 6 days
6:30pm to 9:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Under the Factories (Medical Examinations) Regulations, this course trains individuals to carry out pre-employment and periodic audiometric examinations on persons who are exposed to excessive noise in the workplace.
• Salient regulations on noise
• Basic ear anatomy, physiology and pathology
• Types of hearing loss
• Noise and its health effects
• Technique on obtaining an occupational
noise exposure history
• Introduction to audiometric equipment and testing environment
• Audiogram, frequency & Intensity concepts
• Audiometric testing method
• Audiogram interpretation
criteria for noise induced deafness
• Types of Hearing protection devices and their limitations
• Use, maintenance and care of personal hearing protectors
• Counselling on hearing protection and prevention of Noise induced
deafness for persons exposed to excessive noise
Individuals who need to carry out pre-employment and periodic audiometric examinations.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
A minimum of ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 or equivalent
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Mode of Assessment
There will be a compulsory written test and one skill-based assessment method which participants need to perform at the end of the course.
Our trainers are clinical audiologists by profession and have worked with renowned medical institutions. In their career as clinical audiologists, they perform diagnostic audiological testing, hearing aid fitting and dispensing. They
are actively involved in raising awareness about hearing loss via community talks and roadshows. As part of their audiology services, they also provide industrial hearing screening for staff of participating companies.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.