40 hours / 5 days
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:Venue:
Advanced Remanufacturing and Technology Centre (ARTC),
3 Cleantech Loop, #01-01, CleanTech Two, Singapore 637143
The course equips participants with the fundamental knowledge and application skills required to program and operate robots for polishing application in the manufacturing industries including automotive, aerospace, marine, defense, heavy industries, furniture, and metal products.
Participants will learn the fundamental knowledge of industrial robot systems and program robots to perform movement and tasks. By end of the course participants will be equipped with the knowledge of robotised polishing systems to program robots to perform polishing tasks.
1. Apply robot safety.
2. Identify types of robot and specifications.
3. Define the work flow and components for setting up the robot polishing system.
4. Identify robot components.
5. Perform basic robot operations.
6. Perform robot Flexpendant operations.
7. Troubleshoot robot system errors.
8. Perform robot jogging.
9. Define the robot tool centre point.
10. Define the robot work object.
11. Program robot to do specified tasks.
12. Perform robot calibration.
13. Define the robot polishing process parameters.
14. Define the robot polishing product specification.
15. Apply advanced control for robotic polishing.
Engineers, Assistant Engineers and Technicians in automation, manufacturing, robotics or related industries.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Possess engineering or technology diploma or degree, or minimum 2 years work experience in a related industry.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.