15 to 16 April 2021
Registration Closing Date:
28 March 2021
16 hours / 2 day
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
SICK (one of the leading producers of sensors and sensor solution) combines our 75 years of sensor and industrial automation expertise in Factory, Logistics and Process segments with our digital expertise, creating data applications and solutions that enable optimising of our customer’s business processes.
The course provides participants with an understanding of technology that enables connectivity and industrial integration in such varied use-cases today. Some examples includes condition monitoring, manufacturing process monitoring and predictive monitoring. All of these relies on the ability to integrate data from the Shop-floor to a higher level – the Top-floor.
Participants will get hands-on experience in using edge gateways such as the SIG200 IO-Link Master and TDC-E with the use of practical exercises to learn about Vertical Integration. They will focus on a practical use-case of Overall Equipment Effectiveness in their learning of the Vertical Integration technologies so as to enable a practical and realistic value to their knowledge.
Participants will be equipped with skills to navigate these technologies in that and other use-cases and application when they come across them in their industries.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the different protocols involved in Industry 4.0 Vertical Integration like IO-Link, HTTP REST, and MQTT
• Integrate sensor data (include measurement and condition data) in various IIoT edge gateways (on the Shop-floor) and Cloud (the Top-floor)
A. Field level integration on the Shop-floor with IO-link device and IO-link master
1. Setup PC
2. Basics of IO-link technology
3. Basics of REST API technology
4. Hands-on integration of IO-Link sensor to an IO-Link master to server with REST API
B. Overall Equipment Effectiveness
1. Introduction and basics of OEE
2. Setting up a simple OEE system
C. Edge gateway integration and edge data processing to the Top-floor
1. Preprocessing sensor data with Node-Red
2. Basics of MQTT technology
3. Transmission of sensor data with MQTT
4. Hands-on setting up cloud dashboard with live sensor data
D. Assessment: Project presentation
Software Engineer/System or Process Engineer/Application or Service Engineer/Technical Manager/Technical Lead
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Some experience in manufacturing automation
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.