8 Sep to 19 Nov 2021 (Run 2)
1 Aug to 1 Sep 2021
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Blended (F2F & Online Synchronous)
Bosch Rexroth Regional Training Centre
The German federal standardised training programme is a certificate course offered and licensed by the public network of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce. It provides specialists with the necessary skills to support devising, selecting and implementing methods and technologies for Industry 4.0 in workplace environments. Depending on their initial qualification and experience, these specialists will be able to carry out and coordinate projects independently.
The course focuses on:
• understanding the fundamentals of Industry 4.0
• realising new opportunities for new business models by implementing Industry 4.0
• understanding of the system topology and the entire process chain
• specific Industry 4.0 applications and practical implementation examples from different production areas, ranging from manual workplaces to fully automated production and being able to transfer these examples into own production
• data security in the implementation of Industry 4.0
• insight into future working methods in the digital world
Module 1 - 8 Sep 2021 (F2F)
Understanding Industry 4.0
- Basics of Industry 4.0
- Prerequisites for Industry 4.0
- Typical fields of application
- Industry 4.0 as an industrial revolution
- Trends in Industry 4.0
Module 2 - 9 Sep 2021 (F2F), 20 & *21 Sep 2021 (*0.5 day) (Online)
Networked business models in production and logistics
- Higher technologies
- Techn. Parameters for identification of components
- Business models
- Data transmission
- Supply chains and supply chain management
- Logistics and supply chains in a digital world
- Specific applications (use cases)
- Networking in the digital supply chain
Module 3 - 10, 13, 14 & *15 Sep 2021 (*0.5 day) (F2F)
Technologies for implementing Industry 4.0 – Cyber physicalsystems
- Cyber-physical systems
- Sensor, actuator and processor technology
- Data analysis and Data sources
- Software applications
- Man-machine interface
Module 4 - 22, 23 & 24 Sep 2021 (F2F)
Designing work and organisation organisational
considerations in the age of digital change
- Digitalisation and the change of work
- Traditional versus agile working methods
Prepare your homework, about 10-15 hours
Module 5 - 17, 18 & 19 Nov 2021 (F2F)
Final assignment, presentation and oral examination
Topics to be covered
• Understanding Industry
• Networked business models in production and logistics
• Technologies for implementing Industry 4.0 – Cyber physical systems
• Understanding Industry 4.0 (HR)
• Final assignment, presentation and oral examination
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
a. Applicants should possess a degree in any discipline; or
b. Diploma / Higher Nitec / Nitec with a minimum 3 years of related working experience.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• A certificate jointly issued by AHK Singapore with Bosch Rexroth Regional Training Centre and Singapore Polytechnic.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
With effect 1 Aug 2021, cheque payment is not available.
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.