15 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
There is an ongoing digital revolution and these technological advancements are transforming the way we live, work and play. This module will discuss the pervasive connectivity, architecture and technologies needed to deploy a large scale IoT ecosystems sustainably. Various IoT application use cases will be discussed too.
This course aims to equip trainees with capabilities to recognise an existing smart infrastructure, to design and implement a new IoT solution. It also covers a wide spectrum of fundamental topics such as networking technologies and protocols, IoT/M2M architecture and infrastructure, cloud computing, systems security and data analytics focusing on how it works together to form a complete IoT ecosystem. Through practical sessions, participants will experience the setting up of a simple IoT system.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Differentiate between IoT, Consumer IoT, and Industrial IoT.
2. Define the concept of IoT System Layering Architecture for scalability and sustainability.
3. Recognise the need for an IoT Operating System and Edge Computing
4. Explain what is LAN, WAN, and the Internet. Knowing IP addressing (as the Internet is an IP based network) and Introduction to IoT Protocol (MQTT/OPC-UA/DDS)
5. Map and highlight the purpose of each layer in an IoT Systems.
6. Map and explain what is a sensor network and its concept.
7. Identify the attributes of various wireless technologies application for PAN/LAN/WAN/LPWAN so as to choose the right technology for the right problem.
8. Apply Zigbee as an example to understand more in depth content of what an IoT wireless technology and protocol will involve.
Topics to be covered
1. Fundamentals of IoT Systems and Application
2. IoT Connectivity: IP Networking Basics & IoT Protocols
3. Lab 1: IoT / Smart City System Architecture and Equipment (Hands on)
4. Lab 2: Understanding Sensor Network with Some Smart Home Use Case (Hands on)
5. Wireless Digital Technologies and Its Application
6. ZigBee Wireless Technology (Lecture & Hands on)
Technician/Senior Technician/Assistant Engineer/Senior Assistant Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
ITE Nitec certification and above. Participants should be computer literate.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.