27 Nov 2019
15 to 19 Nov 2019
8 hours / 1 day
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
The objective of this course is to equip participants with the knowledge of data analytics and various tools of data wrangling, data visualisation and data analytics. Participants will also be able to apply these analysis tools in supervised/unsupervised to their data when designing and developing their future intelligent systems.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• Identify the needs for data analytics in industry
• Describe the essential rules of data handling such as single source of truth, managing data securely and timely & accurate update of data
• Understand and employ data wrangling techniques to transform and map data sets
• Apply visualisation techniques to construct graphical representations of the data sets
• Apply various techniques for analyzing data to process data for meaningful insights
• Use data analytics software to develop interactive dashboards displaying processed information from data, gained insights from the data allowing the users to respond promptly.
Staff Engineer/Senior Staff Engineer/Principal Engineer/Engineer/Assistant Engineer/Technician for Process, Quality, Equipment, Product, Integration and Facility.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Any participants with engineering or IT background.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.