8 hour / 1 Day
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
The objective of this course is to equip participants with the knowledge of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), a step-by-step approach for identifying all possible failures in a design, a manufacturing process, an equipment, or even a service.
The objective of this course is to equip participants with the knowledge of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), a step-by-step approach for identifying all possible failures in a design, a manufacturing process, an equipment, or even a service. Participants will also have the opportunity to work on real-life case studies where they will learn how to create a proper risk assessment, prioritise the different critical levels of risk, and trigger necessary mitigation actions.
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Apply FMEA methodology for identifying risks in their business environment
• Systematically prioritise the risks by understanding their potential effects and assigned team for actions to mitigate them
• Properly document and constantly review them due to situation changes and new learning
• Demonstrate on how to do things right the first time to prevent impact on businesses and customers
Topics to be covered
• Describe FMEA
• Historical background on FMEA
• Types of FMEA
• Application of FMEA in real life and in businesses
• Rating of Severity, Occurrences and Detection of failure modes
• Group exercise on FMEA
• Interpret the relationship between severity, occurrence and detectability
• Common challenges using FMEA
• Case studies on FMEA for semiconductors & electronics industry
• Group Exercise on identification of FMEA in workplaces
• Improvements in the FMEA application
Technician, Associate Engineer/Assistant Engineer, Equipment Engineer, Maintenance Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $300.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $6.30
GST payable for others: $21.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$270.00 ||$36.30|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$210.00||$96.30 |
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$210.00||$96.30 |
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$270.00 ||$36.30|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$321.00|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.