Mode of Training:
This course will allow participants without experience in simulation to be able to perform simulation called Finite Element Analysis or FEA, with the understanding of workflow from CAD (Computer-aided design) file simplification to model preparation to results analysis.
The objective of this course is to give participants a good grounding of the basic mechanical knowledge and how finite element analysis can be done on in the product design process with the use of Solidworks Simulation.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Prepare Solidworks CAD models for structural simulations
• Select and input forces and constrains in to the analysis based on a real life scenario
• Compare results from a physical test with simulated results
• Apply to the CAD model with appropriate mesh controls to achieve a good quality mesh
• Describe Solidworks workflow to be able to use more advanced features for analysis
Product Design Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Designer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Possess basic skills in Solidworks and Diploma in Engineering
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs ||Singapore Citizens ||Others |
|Non-SME sponsored ||1Sponsored by SME ||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here.
Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.