Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This course will allow participants without experience in simulation to be able to perform simulation called Finite Element Analysis or FEA, with the understanding of workflow from CAD (Computer-aided design) file simplification to model preparation to results analysis.
The objective of this course is to give participants a good grounding of the basic mechanical knowledge and how finite element analysis can be done on in the product design process with the use of Solidworks Simulation.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Prepare Solidworks CAD models for structural simulations
• Select and input forces and constrains in to the analysis based on a real life scenario
• Compare results from a physical test with simulated results
• Apply to the CAD model with appropriate mesh controls to achieve a good quality mesh
• Describe Solidworks workflow to be able to use more advanced features for analysis
Product Design Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Designer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Possess basic skills in Solidworks and Diploma in Engineering
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
||Total fees (incl. GST)
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40
|Singapore Permanent Residents
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents2
|Full Course Fee
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance
to offset respective course fees.1Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP's list of similar funded courses, click
here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.2Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.