29 May 2020
20 Feb to 15 May 2020
8 hours / 1 day
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
This 1-Day DfS course aims to enhance the skills and knowledge for PMEs working in the building and construction industries.
The course will leverage on the WSH (DfS) Regulations 2015 as well as real live cases that surround us to illustrate the importance of incorporating inherently safe design features into our environment.
The course will cover DfS aspects of the whole live cycle of a building or structure from conceptualization, design, tender, construction, occupation, maintenance to demolition.
Participants will be introduced to the “Guidelines on Design for Safety in Buildings and Structures”, the “Code of Practice on WSH Risk Management” published by MOM and the WSH Council as well as the WSH (DfS) Regulations 2015.
- Describe the concept of design for safety and the pro-active management of risk at source.
- Explain the WSH (DfS) Regulations 2015
- List the "Guidelines on Design for Safety in Buildings and Structures” and “Code of Practice on WSH Risk Management”
- Point out safe designs around the environment that we work and live in
- Why the need for DfS?
- Development of DfS in Singapore
- WSH (DfS) Regulations 2015
- Guidelines on Design for Safety in Buildings and Structures
- Overview of the GUIDE Process
- Risk management code of practice (RMCP)
- Real live case studies
2.Building Facility Managers / Professional
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
1. WSH Professionals with Specialist Diploma in WSH or higher qualification;
2. Building and Facility Management Professionals with Diploma or higher qualification; and
3. At least 2 years of relevant industry experience
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Course participant with at least 75% attendance rate will be issued with:
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate) from SP PACE Academy
• 7 SDU Points - Accredited under the Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officers' Continuing Professional Development Programme.
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.