8 hours / 1 day
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This 1-Day DfS course aims to enhance the skills and knowledge for PMEs working in the building and construction industries.
The course will leverage on the WSH (DfS) Regulations 2015 as well as real live cases that surround us to illustrate the importance of incorporating inherently safe design features into our environment.
The course will cover DfS aspects of the whole live cycle of a building or structure from conceptualization, design, tender, construction, occupation, maintenance to demolition.
Participants will be introduced to the “Guidelines on Design for Safety in Buildings and Structures”, the “Code of Practice on WSH Risk Management” published by MOM and the WSH Council as well as the WSH (DfS) Regulations 2015.
• Describe the concept of design for safety and the pro-active management of risk at source.
• Explain the WSH (DfS) Regulations 2015
• List the "Guidelines on Design for Safety in Buildings and Structures” and “Code of Practice on WSH Risk Management”
• Point out safe designs around the environment that we work and live in
1. Why the need for DfS?
2. Development of DfS in Singapore
3. WSH (DfS) Regulations 2015
4. Guidelines on Design for Safety in Buildings and Structures
5. Overview of the GUIDE Process
6. Risk management code of practice (RMCP)
7. Real live case studies
2.Building Facility Managers / Professional
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
1. WSH Professionals with Specialist Diploma in WSH or higher qualification;
2. Building and Facility Management Professionals with Diploma or higher qualification; and
3. At least 2 years of relevant industry experience
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• 7 SDU Points - Accredited under the Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officers' Continuing Professional Development Programme.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.