Date of Course:
17 Oct 2019 to 20 Feb 2020
27 Aug to 29 Sept 2019
60 hours / 30 days
6pm - 9pm (Thursday)
Mode of Training:
Japanese 2 is the second of three Japanese modules. Participants who complete Japanese 1, 2 & 3 (or 180 hours) of Japanese language instruction may take an external language proficiency test - The Japanese Language Proficiency Test, Level 5 (JLPT 5).
Japanese 2 introduces participants to the Japanese language and its use in everyday situations. Participants will be able to identify the different systems in Japanese writing. Emphasis will be given to developing participants’ speaking and listening skills to communicate in simple Japanese. Participants will also be able to read elementary Japanese text and write short notes and letters.
- Music, sports and movies
- Inside the house
- Menu and ordering food
- Festivals in Japan
- Places in town
- At the station
- Withdrawing money
- Expressions ‘understand’, ‘like’ & ‘have’
- Determiners ‘what’ & ‘which’
- Expression of causal relationships ‘kara’ & ‘ga’
- Interrogative expression ‘doushite’
- Particles indicating place ‘ni’ & ‘de’
- Expression of confirmation ‘desu ka’
- More ‘na’ & ‘I’ adjectives
- Expression of frequency ‘how often’ & ‘how many’
- Past tense of noun sentences
- Expressions of comparison
- Expression of desires and wants ‘hoshi’ & ‘tai’
- Verb conjugation
- Verb groups I, II and III
- Granting permission
- Connecting verb sentences, ‘I’ adjective sentences &‘na’ adjective sentences
Participants who would like to develop basic reading, speaking, listening and writing proficiency in the Japanese language.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants must have had completed Japanese 1 before they are able to proceed with Japanese 2.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
If a participant…
- Fails the assessment but meets 75% attendance – participant will receive a Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
- Meets 75% attendance and passes the assessment - participant will receive a Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
| ||Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above ||Singapore PRs/Foreigners||SP Students, Alumni and Staff |
|Funding available||50% of the course fee excluding GST (capped at $500 per course)||Nil||Special Discount|
|Course Fees Payable||$347.70 (incl. of GST)||$652.70 (incl. of GST)||$492.70 (incl. of GST) |
1. Government subsidy will only apply to the course fee portion and will not cover GST
2. For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please click here
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.