Course Hours: 5 hours
|Course Outline|| Duration|
|(i) Resume Writing|| 2 hours|
|(ii) Interview Skills|| 2 hours|
|(iii) Consultation|| 1 hour|
This course is targeted at all participants applying for the Earn & Learn (ELP) programme in any SP-led industry sector.
This course will complement the participants’ existing internship and career-related knowledge by providing an in-depth insight into how to discover their Unique Selling Point (USP) and incorporate it when crafting resumes, cover letters and during interviews.
The programme will be customised to be industry specific, incorporating current industry trends and requirements.
- To equip participants with enhanced resume and cover letter writing skills which will enable them to align their Unique Selling Point (USP) to industry requirements and standards.
- To equip ELP participants with enhanced interview skills which will allow them to better articulate their USP in a job interview, by being able to match their USP to specific job requirements.
- To provide support to participants to afford them a better chance of ELP placement in SP-led industry sectors.
Craft An Effective Resume
• Focus will be on aligning the candidate’s Unique Selling Point (USP) in their resume and cover letter with the job and industry requirements. Candidates will learn the current industry standards for resumes and how to craft a winning cover letter. Armed with the information, candidates will be tasked to prepare their own resume and cover letter which will be enhanced during individual or small group consultations with the facilitators.
Ace The Interview
• Focus will be on preparing the shortlisted ELP candidates for their job interviews. The main thrust of the workshop will be a focus on highlighting the candidate’s USP to match the specific job and company’s requirements.
Students applying for the Earn & Learn Programme; Internship; Enhanced Internship
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Intermediate English Language skills
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.