32 hours / 4 days
8:00am to 12:00pm & 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
In alignment with the Sea Transport Skills Framework, this course is pitched at Proficiency Level 4 in the following areas:
1. Electrical, Electronic and Control Engineering Maintenance and Repair
2. Propulsion, Plant and Machinery
The course aims at providing training at advance level for shipboard Chief and second Engineer, to be able to perform preventive maintenance, fault diagnostics on Marine Electrical, Electronic and Automation (Control Engineering) System, including the safe operation and Preventive maintenance of High Voltage Electric power distribution system.
• Electrical Diagrams 1 & 2
• Fault diagnostic of electrical faults & Maintenance
• Electronic & Automations, control Engineering
• High Voltage and Electric propulsion
• Assessment (practical 1 hrs and orals ½ hr)
Foreign-going Seafarers: Chief Engineer / 2nd Engineer
Any engineering personal as nominated by the company for operational role as Marine, Electrical and Control Engineers.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
A good working knowledge of English (written & spoken), have no serious impediment of speech, hearing or sight and normal colour vision.
Minimum CoC class 5 Marine Engineer or Equivalent
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.