9:00am to 6:00pm
The process of eating makes use of all the five senses at once. The sensory quality of a food product is an important factor influencing its success in the marketplace. You can increase the chances of a product's success by understanding and measuring the sensory quality of foods.
In this course, sensory techniques will be explained with a strong emphasis on the practicality of sensory evaluation in a fast moving industrial setting. Training and screening of panel members, and statistical interpretation of data will also be covered. The course will include practical activities to help participants in delivering the best sensory practice in their work environment.
• Introduction to Sensory
• Best practices in Sensory Evaluation
• Application of Sensory in Research & Development (1)
• Statistics for Affective Test Analysis
• Application of Sensory in Research & Development (2)
• Statistics for Discrimination Test Analysis
• Recruitment and training of panellists (with hands-on)
• Application of Sensory in Quality Control (1)
• Application of Sensory in Quality Control (2)
• Statistics for Descriptive Test Analysis
• Question & Answer Session
This course is suitable for those without prior knowledge of sensory science and also for prospective entrepreneurs who is interested to venture into the food manufacturing businesses.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
There are no minimum requirements for this course.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.