7 hours / 1 day
9:00am to 5:00pm
Singapore has one of the highest incident rates of myopia, which is often handled by Optometrists and Opticians. Therefore, it is important for them to be updated with the latest evidence-based myopia management options through case-based learning to enhance the care provided to their patients.
This course is clinically relevant to the eye care industry and it will further assist the eye care practitioners to provide evidence-based care in line with Optometrist and Optician Board (OOB) practice guidelines.
The objective of the course is to provide practical insight and hands on workshop into myopia management for all ages. This will help Optometrists and Opticians to further enhance the care that is provided to patients with myopia.
• Overview of the epidemic: Myopia
• Myopia Control Strategies
Tips on conducting examination for children
• Case Studies on myopia control and myopia complication
• Workshop 1: Retinoscopy Workshop
• Workshop 2: Case based interactive session (Adult)
• Workshop 3: Case based interactive session (Child)
• Workshop 4: Clinical assessment of children Workshop
• Roundtable Discussion on Myopia Management
Optometrists and Opticians
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Registered Optometrists or Opticians OOB
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.