8 hours / 3 days
8:30am to 5.30pm
Mode of Training:
This is an exclusive course hosted by Singapore Polytechnic (SP) in partnership with UL (Underwriters Laboratories), a global safety consulting and Certification Company. The course provides participants a working knowledge of Additive Manufacturing (AM)
processes and material hazard management and how to assure quality and safety in end part production.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to
• Describe how to set up a safe and compliant AM facility
• Explain how to identify and manage process hazards for each AM production technology
• Describe how to identify and manage material hazards for each AM production technology
• Develop a strategy to assure that your printed parts will conform to quality and safety standards
1. Process and Material Hazard Management
• Key Process Safety Issues in AM
• Applying Process Safety Management with AM
• Identifying and Managing Machine Hazards
• Identifying and Managing Material Hazards
• Quality and Safety Assessment of Manufacturing
2. Quality and Safety Assurance of Parts
• Key Product Safety Issues in Additive Manufacturing
• Design Validation for AM
• Development and Validation of Material Standards for AM
• Development of Processing Standards for AM
• Quality and Safety Assessment
of Material Suppliers
This course is intended for manufacturing facility managers, practicing quality and process engineers, and skilled technicians who want to understand how to manage quality and safety using AM.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Basic 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing knowledge
• ITE/Diploma in Engineering
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Proficiency (Optional)
An optional joint certificate issued by SP and UL will be awarded to participants who pass the UL Online Quiz. The UL Online Quiz is payable directly to UL
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.