9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
The course curriculum and format have been tailored with relevant knowledge and skill sets to support, upskill FM professionals and benchmark FM best practices in the industry. The course supports the Smart FM Roadmap of BCA, where FM procurement is an
integral steps towards the strategic objectives, identified in the Real Estate Industry Transformation Map. The course is conducted in round table workshop format, with sharing of insight by invited industry speakers.
The course aims to equip participants with the fundamental principles of procurement, the knowledge to determine the sourcing policy and to outsource Facilities Management (FM) services strategically and practice financial governance. The participants
will be able to distinguish the types of outsourcing models and adopt appropriate contractual arrangements and pricing models for procuring the FM services. This course aims to give participants the skills to prepare tender documents, draft performance
specifications, set quality attributes, call tender and evaluate the bids through price quality method for the award of FM services. In addition, the course also provides participants the methodologies to measure and review the performance and the
approaches to manage vendor effectively for the performance-based FM.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Apply the strategic procurement principles and exercise governance to meet the organisational strategic objectives.
2. Evaluate In-house and Outsourced FM options and recommend appropriate FM outsourcing models to help drive innovation and
3. Recommend the suitable contractual arrangement for FM services including the Term contract, Managing Contracting contract and Integrated Facilities Management contract; and the preparation of their associated contract documents.
4. Prepare the documents and manage tendering processes, pre-qualifications, compliances and PQM evaluation, including the proposal and evaluation of technology adoption.
5. Adopt contemporary approach in vendor management and communication
plan to strengthen stakeholders’ relationship and users’ satisfaction.
6. Administer FM Service Contract of its pertinent contractual clauses starting from mobilisation, operations to exit management, in the process, managing
challenges including inspection, performance assessment, and improvement review for future FM procurement.
Topics to be covered
Strategic Procurement Principles
Industry Overview and FM Outsourcing Models (Single service, Bundle service, Total FM)
Contractual Arrangement for FM Services (Lump sum, Term Contract, Cost Plus Contract, Management Based (with and without Budget Cost) Contract, and IFM Contract)
Use of Comprehensive contract and Spiral contract
Descriptive vs Performance Specifications
Pre-qualifications and Setting of Quality Component.
Drafting Outcome based Specifications and Measuring performance.
Quotation and tender Planning (Needs, Budget, timeline)
Tendering Processes (Pre Tender, Tender, and Post Tender), contract documentation, tender enquiries and corrigendum, tender interview, PQM computation and award.
Adoption of smart FM and the specification and evaluation of Technology Proposal.
Stakeholders Relationship Building,
Vendor communication plan
Contract Administration of Service Level Agreements
Key contractual clauses
Performance Monitoring & Measures,
Incentives and LD
Exit Management and Final Accounts
Review for Improvement
Facilities Manager/Procurement Manager/Maintenance Manager/Property Operations Manager or senior executive
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
The Masterclass level is for FM practitioners with at least 3 years of experience for degree holders and 8 years of experience for non-degree holders.
Experienced personnel with relevant Experience in Facilities Management Procurement, relevant Technical
and Professional Qualifications.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.