9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This is the only short course combining basic knowledge of ingredients as well as hands-on training. Singapore Polytechnic is the only Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) in Singapore that offers perfumery training and this course will be taught through classroom and hands-on training.
Participants will learn the proper techniques of smelling and identifying the different types of fragrance and flavour raw materials. They will also be able to apply the underlying principles of fragrance and flavour composition to create a simple fragrance base and evaluate the fragrance compounded.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
1. Apply smelling techniques to different fragrance ingredients
2. Differentiate fragrance ingredients according to volatilities
3. Explain the influence of fragrance products on fragrance trends and its applications
4. Apply fragrance in a base formulation for evaluation
• Production Engineer
• Technical Specialist / Formulation Specialist
• Research & Development (R&D) / Application / Chemist / Product Manager
• Laboratory Technician / Analyst / Supervisor / Engineer
• Chemical Process Technician / Technologist
• Fragrance Evaluator / Manager
• Consumer Sensory Insights Specialist / Manager
• Regulatory Affairs Specialist / Manager
• Associate Researcher / Research Technologist
• Quality Assurance Specialist / Manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Polytechnic Diploma / Degree in relevant Science / Engineering discipline or equivalent qualifications.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.