9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
Media classrooms and T11B201 Perfumery and Cosmetic Science Centre
This is the only short course combining basic knowledge of ingredients as well as hands-on training. Singapore Polytechnic is the only Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) in Singapore that offers perfumery training and this course will be taught through classroom and hands-on training.
Participants will learn the proper techniques of smelling and identifying the different types of fragrance and flavour raw materials. They will also be able to apply the underlying principles of fragrance and flavour composition to create a simple fragrance base and evaluate the fragrance compounded.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
1. Apply smelling techniques to different fragrance ingredients
2. Differentiate fragrance ingredients according to volatilities
3. Explain the influence of fragrance products on fragrance trends and its applications
4. Apply fragrance in a base formulation for evaluation
• Production Engineer
• Technical Specialist / Formulation Specialist
• Research & Development (R&D) / Application / Chemist / Product Manager
• Laboratory Technician / Analyst / Supervisor / Engineer
• Chemical Process Technician / Technologist
• Fragrance Evaluator / Manager
• Consumer Sensory Insights Specialist / Manager
• Regulatory Affairs Specialist / Manager
• Associate Researcher / Research Technologist
• Quality Assurance Specialist / Manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Polytechnic Diploma / Degree in relevant Science / Engineering discipline or equivalent qualifications.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others |
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.