4 to 11 Mar 2020
Registration Closing Date:
21 Feb 2020
45 hours / 6 days
9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
Mode of Training:
Blended (Classroom and Practical)
T11B201 and T11B201C
The Energy & Chemicals (E&C) industry accounted for nearly S$63 billion or 25% of Singapore’s total manufacturing output in 2016, and the industry hires more than 22,000 employees. It comprises of 4 key sub-sectors, namely refineries, crackers, petrochemicals and specialty chemicals.
Specialty chemicals is identified as a growing sub-sector in the Energy and Chemicals Industry Transformation Map (ITM) as well as a growing function. There is an impending demand for a skilled workforce to serve this growing industry. Training in specific skills such as sound understanding of the functionality and applications of specialty materials, formulation, characterization/evaluation techniques, new product innovation, design thinking etc. are particularly essential to bridge the prevalent competency gaps in the current workforce.
This course was co-created with the industry to ensure relevancy of knowledge and competency. It aims to equip new entrants and mid-career PMETs with the knowledge and skills to pursue a career in the consumer chemicals sector in roles such as associate researcher, application technician, chemist, formulator, product development, regulatory associate, technical service representative, consumer research associate, marketing etc.
This module aims to provide the basic knowledge on raw ingredients for personal care products (e.g. cleansers, lotion, moisturizer, anti-ageing/whitening creams and sunscreens) and understand the ingredients’ safety profile.
In practical sessions, participants will have hands-on experience in evaluating these ingredients so as to gain a deeper understanding of their functions in personal care products.
Participants expecting to find employment or upgrade their knowledge and skills in the consumer chemicals sector.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Applicants should have a Polytechnic Diploma/Degree in relevant Science/Engineering discipline or equivalent qualifications.
• Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on evidence of at least 2 years of relevant working experience or supporting evidence of competency readiness.
• Suitable applicants who are shortlisted may be required to go through an interview and/or entrance test.
• The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.