To be advised
To be advised
8 hours / 1 day
To be advised
Mode of Training:
Electrical installation is one of the basic core competency in Power sector. Major building services such as Centralized Chiller Air-conditioning System, Lifts, Electrical Switchboard & Metering, Water Fixtures & Metering, and Lighting Luminaires, etc. requires basic knowledge in electrical installation. All electrical installations in Singapore are required to comply with CP5: Code of practice for electrical installations. Some essentials of code of practice will be shared in this course.
This course aims to provide participants with the basic knowledge and practices in electrical installation, which invariably covers electrical power and earthing.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• Describe the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in Singapore
• Describe the single-phase and three-phase computation
• Describe the electrical safety and characteristics & working principles of the protective devices
• Explain earthing and the protection against electric shock
• Describe the basic concept of CP88 and socket outlet assembly
• Explain the basic concept of lightning protection system
• Electricity Generation and Supply in Singapore
• Single and Three-Phase Supply
• Electrical Safety and Protection Devices
• Earthing and Protection from Electric Shocks
• Basic Concept of CP88 and Socket Outlet Assembly
• Basic Concept of Lightning Protection System
Property Executive, Facilities Executive, Managing Agent, Building Executive, Project Coordinator, Contracts/Procurement Executive, Operations Executive, M&E Consultants.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants with experience in M&E works
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.