25 Sep 2019 to 9 Oct 2019
2 weeks before course start date
*Registration will be closed once seats are full.
16 hours / 5 days
6:30pm to 9:30pm; Wed, 25 Sep
6:30pm to 9:30pm; Mon, 30 Sep
6:30pm to 9:30pm; Wed, 2 Oct
6:30pm to 9:30pm; Mon, 7 Oct
6pm to 10pm; Wed, 9 Oct
Mode of Training:
For a long time, participants had difficulties to grasp the concept because it is not possible to conduct real life scenarios as it is disruptive and very costly to run any testing on real operational system. Today, power/energy is managed with state-of-art technology computer control to give distribution to client in efficient and automated manner. Hence, this course with incorporated software will be relevant to the Power/Energy Electronics & Automation.
At the end of the course participants will understand a complete power system and know what measures to apply to control/trouble shoot to bring it to optimum operation using E-tap software.
1. Perform load flow analysis of power system theory and software simulation using E-Tap
2. Carry out fault calculation of power system theory, simulation of system fault using power system simulator and software simulation using E-Tap
3. Describe and Demonstrate power system protection through theory and practical experiments. Course Content & Structure Course will be delivered using both the lecture and lab based activities
This course will teach participants on
1. Load flow analysis of power system theory and software simulation using E-Tap.
2. Fault calculation of power system theory, simulation of system fault using power system simulator and software simulation using E-Tap.
3. Power system protection theory and hardware experiments. This course aims to use the power system simulation software E-Tap to analyse power load flow, power faults and to design power system protection for optimum operation.
Power Engineer, Manufacturing/Process Engineer; Facilities Engineer; Equipment Engineer, Energy/Logistics Data Specialist
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Equipped with good Power Engineering knowledge and have worked in a Power related area for at least 2 years
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.