16 hours / 2 days
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Drones are a part of Singapore Smart Nation strategy. The Singapore Government believes that drones can and are playing a transformative role in the world in fields such as urban infrastructure management, farming, public safety and disaster response. Drones are a lower cost alternative to a manned aircraft and can reduce risks to human life. There is an increasing trend in Singapore on the operations of drones for work to improve productivities and efficiency.
To fly a drone in Singapore for commercial activities, the drone operator needs a CAAS operator permit and also a certified CAAS UAS pilot for the type of drone to be used in operation. Currently, DJI Phantom 4 Pro is the most popular and widely used drone in the industry.
This course aims to train the participants to fly DJI Phantom 4 Pro and equip them with the knowledge on how to prepare the CAAS Operator Permit documentations for submission to CAAS.
Introduction to DJI Phantom 4 Pro
• Overview of aircraft, remote controller, camera and gimbal, DJI Go 4 App, flight and battery management
Flying an Unmanned Aircraft in Singapore
• Emergency procedures and flight checks during operations of UAS
• Maintenance plan to be performed on UA
• Rules and regulations of flying Unmanned Aircraft in Singapore
• How to apply for CAAS Operator Permit and Activity Permit
• Preparation of Risk Assessment form
Flying on flight simulator
• To fly quadcopter type of UA in mode 2 and be able to clear 10 obstacle challenges
• Those who have passed the flight simulator phase will proceed to fly a small indoor quadcopter
Flying of small indoor quadcopter
• Able to demonstrate competency in navigating and controlling the quadcopter in an indoor environment
• Those who have passed the small indoor quadcopter phase will proceed to fly the DJI Phantom 4 Pro
Flying of DJI Phantom 4 Pro
• Able to demonstrate competency in navigating and controlling the quadcopter in an outdoor environment such as SP Sports Complex/Multi-Purpose Field/Hangar
Each participant will also receive a complimentary drone “Eachine E010 Mini 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis Headless Mode RC Drone Quadcopter RTF” worth more than $20 at the end of the course!
Anyone who is interested to fly drones.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Able to understand English
• Reasonable dexterity with eyes-hands coordination
• Suitable for all levels of educational, skills, literacy, numeracy, and experience
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.