6.30pm to 9.30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
Immunohaematology, also known as blood banking is an area of specialization in laboratory medicine that focuses on the study of antibody-antigen reactions in pre-transfusion testing for selection of compatible blood and blood components to ensure blood transfusion safety.
This course aims to equip working medical laboratory technologists with current technical knowledge and practical skills in key areas of blood banking which includes pre-transfusion testing, blood and blood components and clinical aspects of transfusion therapy. Quality assurance in blood banking practices will be emphasized to raise learner’s awareness on the importance of blood transfusion safety.
1. Basic principles in serology
2. Human blood group systems
3. Application of laboratory techniques in immunohaematology
4. Adverse blood transfusion reactions
5. Blood and blood products
6. Quality assurance in blood banking practices
7. Theory and Practical Test
Professional medical technologists working in MOH registered healthcare facilities.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Diploma and Degree Holder:
- Diploma in Biomedical Science, Biotechnology or equivalent;
- Degree or Higher degree in Biomedical Science, Biotechnology, Life Science, Biological Science or equivalent;
- NITEC (GPA 3.5 and above) or Higher NITEC with relevant qualification or working experiences will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Letter of Support from a licensed healthcare facility must be submitted
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.