8 Apr to 24 Jun 2020
27 Feb to 13 Mar 2020
21hrs (08 April to 24 June 2020)
30 April, 28 May, 18 Jun 2020 (3 classes)
06, 13, 20, 27 May,
03, 10 & 17 June 2020 (8 classes)
1 hour (written exam) - 24 June 2020
*Tutorial and practical classes are conducted in the evening (6.30pm-9.30pm)
Mode of Training:
Classroom and Practical
Medical Technology Suite
Block T11A, Level 3, Room314
500 Dover Road, Singapore 139651
Immunohaematology, also known as blood banking is an area of specialization in laboratory medicine that focuses on the study of antibody-antigen reactions in pre-transfusion testing for selection of compatible blood and blood components to ensure blood transfusion safety.
This course aims to equip working medical laboratory technologists with current technical knowledge and practical skills in key areas of blood banking which includes pre-transfusion testing, blood and blood components and clinical aspects of transfusion therapy. Quality assurance in blood banking practices will be emphasized to raise learner’s awareness on the importance of blood transfusion safety.
1. Basic principles in serology
2. Human blood group systems
3. Application of laboratory techniques in immunohaematology
4. Adverse blood transfusion reactions
5. Blood and blood products
6. Quality assurance in blood banking practices
7. Theory and Practical Test
Professional medical technologists working in MOH registered healthcare facilities.
Minimum Entry Requirement / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Diploma and Degree Holder:
- Diploma in Biomedical Science, Biotechnology or equivalent;
- Degree or Higher degree in Biomedical Science, Biotechnology, Life Science, Biological Science or equivalent;
- NITEC (GPA 3.5 and above) or Higher NITEC with relevant qualification or working experiences will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Letter of Support from a licensed healthcare facility must be submitted
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
This training programme is supported by Blood Services Group, Health Sciences Authority
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.