16 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
All construction and facilities projects require proper procurement methods and strategies. This involves the understanding of various contractual arrangement methods from procuring consultants, main contractors to sub-contractors and suppliers.
Strategic procurement ensures products, materials and systems specified are comprehensively evaluated to ensure that they are fit for purpose, meet the time, cost and quality objectives of the clients. For project bidders, those effective bids can be translated into successful award of the construction and facilities projects.
This course equips participants with an overview of the various types of contractual arrangements as well as the respective tendering processes for Built Environment (BE) projects adopted by public and private sectors. This enables procurement executive/officer to recommend and deploy the appropriate types of contractual arrangements based on the project nature, complexity, scope, time, cost, as well as the client’s requirements to drive sustainable and innovative solutions.
Proper tender management allows procurement executive/officer and bidders to have the clarity to interpret tender documentation, manage tendering processes from pre-tender stage, tender stage to post tender evaluation and award.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the fundamental principles of procurement management
• Recommend the appropriate types of contractual arrangements used in public and private sectors
• Prepare and manage tendering processes for open, selective and negotiated tenders, including single stage or two stages tendering
• Manage tender stage enquiries and evaluate tender bids based on Price Quality Methodologies
• Conduct tender interviews and write tender recommendation report
Procurement Executive, Purchasing Officer, Supply chain manager, Supplier relationship manager, Contract Administrator, Category buyer, Purchasing manager, E-procurement manager, Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Procurement Evaluator, Procurement Vetter and Approver, Specifications Writer, Facilities Officer.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Secondary 4, ITE or Diploma qualifications; Proficient in English Communication (Spoken & Written); Have general knowledge on procuring goods and services.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.