6.30pm to 9.30pm
This course aims to bring the latest technologies in 3D augmented reality and prototyping technologies to product visualization, design and prototyping.
Through the use of Augmented Reality apps on hand-phones or wearable HMDs, product engineers, designers and maintenance personnel are now able to view, manipulate and interact using virtual CAD data in the real physical world.
Another advantage is that these CAD creations can be further optimized for 3D fabrication processes using lattice design or topology optimization methodologies. Intricate, strong but lightweight parts can now be easily simulated and analyzed before they are actually fabricated.
These new technologies bring about increased productivity through shortening product development cycles. They also speed up field troubleshooting and maintenance work by effectively utilizing digital data that is synchronized with the real world.
The objective of this course is to introduce new CAD application skills that will give local industries the knowledge and the know-how to tap advances in CAD tools and bring them closer to connecting the physical to the digital worlds for increased productivity.
• Introduce VR/AR technologies for product design and development
• How is industry applying such technologies in their product design cycle?
• How CREO AR links digital CAD content to the physical world through publishing with ThingMark
• Applying VR/AR in product training and visualization
• Applying VR/AR in real-time maintenance strategy
• Introduction to CREO lattice design and Introduction to ProTOP topology tools for additive manufacturing
• Simulations and analysis of product elements using CREO lattice design features
• Reducing, optimizing and simulating weight bearing components with Lattice Optimization techniques
• Slicing and exporting finalized designs for 3D printing. Understand the various types of machines and their capabilities, Stratasys; Objet; 3D Systems.
• Assemble, test and analyze printed prototype for engineering intent.
PMETs in the technical/engineering fields
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Minimum Nitec qualification or above with Technical/Engineering knowledge with exposure to CAD usage/data.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.