15 hours / 2 day
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
The course covers “physical computing” (how to write code which interact with sensors & actuators), visualisation (using “Matplotlib”), data analysis (using “Numpy”), and sending sensors data to cloud (using “Requests”). In other words, participants will learn a wide range of Python topics and be exposed to a good collection of powerful Python libraries.
This course equips participants with Python programming skills to develop useful IoT (Internet of Things) applications.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Set up a Python programming environment
• Describe the Python syntax rules
• Use Python to monitor common sensors and control common actuators (used in IoT applications)
• Use Python to collect sensor data (used in IoT applications), store it locally, plot it as graph, and perform data analysis
• Use Python to upload sensor data to cloud and to send notification (in typical IoT applications)
Topic to be covered,
1. Setting up the Python programming environment in a single board computer
2. Python basics
3. Physical computing using Python
4. Sensor data collection, storage, visualisation & simple analytics using Python
5. Sensor data upload to cloud & notification using Python
6. Assessments (Quizzes)
Engineers/Senior Technicians/ Engineering Managers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic computer skills and some experience in any programming language.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME ” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.