7 hrs / 1 day
9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
This course provides opticians and optometrist with opportunities to broaden their knowledge in tackling challenging cases on refraction and dispensing.
This course aims to enhance the participant’s (optometrists and opticians) skills set in performing refraction and dispensing in different types of patients and situations.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the different instruments and their uses in refraction and dispensing procedures
2. Discuss appropriate techniques in performing refraction and dispensing in various situation
Topics to be covered
1. Tackling Common Challenges in refraction and dispensing – An Overview
2. Tackling Low Vision patients
3. Tackling Prism prescription in our patients
4. BREAK-OUT Groups (Case Sharing)
5. Round Table and Panel Discussion
Optometrists & Opticians performing refraction and dispensing
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
MOH OOB registered Optometrists & MOH OOB registered Opticians
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Note: OOB requires participants to pass the assessment for CPE points to be awarded.
|Applicants/Eligibility||Total fees (incl. GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above||$51.30|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 50;|
Singapore Permanent Residents;
1. Government subsidy will only apply to the course fee portion and will not cover GST
2. For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please click
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.