30 hours / 4 days
9 am to 5:30 pm
Mode of Training:
The course aims to enhance the written and oral communication skills of participants as such soft skills are crucial to all organisations.
The course is also designed with the intent to boost the professional image of participants by helping them ensure their communication modes are clear, appealing and succinct to their stakeholders.
This course improves participants’ report writing, email and presentation skills so as to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders, and boost the professional image of self and the organisation/company.
Report and Email Writing Skills
1. Identify the needs of different audiences according to the purpose, audience and context
2. Plan, organize and present information in the form of text, data and visuals in well-structured formats
3. Apply the skills of presenting relevant information to write effectively
4. Eliminate redundancies in content and refine language choices to present information concisely
5. Apply grammar editing skills to eliminate common errors
6. Apply proofreading skills to edit the entire report for greater clarity
7. Hone their skills in drafting presentations
8. Apply persuasion techniques for a more persuasive delivery
9. Incorporate evidence and visuals for greater credibility
10. Avoid pitfalls in pronunciation and word choice for more effective presentations
Administrators, public relations officers, frontline staff, managers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
A good grasp of the English Language and a pass in ‘O’ Level English
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.