7 hours / 1 day
9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
This course provides Optometrists and Opticians a case-based overview about common retinal diseases virtually. The webinar also covers the latest imaging modalities for retinal examination in primary eye care.
Ultrawide-field imaging (UWFI) and optical coherence tomography (OCT) are relatively new technologies in retinal imaging. Both imaging modalities are gaining popularity among eye care practitioners for retinal examination. This course aims to introduce practitioners to these advanced retinal imaging technologies and how to interpret the images obtained in order to diagnose and manage common retinal diseases.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify the clinical presentations of common retinal diseases in different imaging modalities.
• Provide appropriate management to patients who present with common retinal diseases.
Topics to be covered
1. Instrumentation for retinal examination
• Fundus camera
• Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
• Ultrawide-field imaging (UWFI)
2. Interpretation and management of retinal diseases with the aid of fundus camera, UWFI and OCT
3. Retinal imaging and retinal disease management: perspectives from a retinal specialist
4. Panel discussion
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
MOH-OOB registered Optometrists and Opticians
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.