14 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This course serves to highlight the importance of risk management in event planning and management for all levels of professions. Throughout the course, participants will be able to enhance their knowledge and skills pertaining to risks in event management, and improve the standard and quality of future events. In addition, participants will also be able to avoid certain pitfalls relating to risk management.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Apply concepts of conceptualization and proposal planning, marketing/publicity, organising and budgeting, event logistics, showdown and evaluation in event planning.
• Identify the relevant legal requirements in the WSH Act applicable for events
• Identify common hazards and risks relevant to events
• Perform risk assessment for events
• Employ risk management for events
Day 1 – Event Planning
• Conceptualisation and proposal planning
• Marketing/publicity, organizing and budgeting
• Event logistics, showdown and evaluation
Day 2 – WSH in Events / Risk Management
• Introduction to WSH Act
• Hazards and Risk Identification
• Risk Management
• Case Study (Risk Assessment)
Executives who will oversee event setup and operations.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• At least 1 year of working experience in the MICE/Events industry
• Committed to deepening skills in the industry
• Relevance of course to current/future job function
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
• 14 SDU points will be awarded.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.