9-10 December 2019
12 Oct - 22 November 2019
* Registration will be closed once seats are filled up
14 hours / 2 days
9am to 5pm, Monday & Tuesday
Mode of Training:
This course serves to highlight the importance of risk management in event planning and management for all levels of professions. Throughout the course, participants will be able to enhance their knowledge and skills pertaining to risks in event management, and improve the standard and quality of future events. In addition, participants will also be able to avoid certain pitfalls relating to risk management.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Apply concepts of conceptualization and proposal planning, marketing/publicity, organising and budgeting, event logistics, showdown and evaluation in event planning.
• Identify the relevant legal requirements in the WSH Act applicable for events
• Identify common hazards and risks relevant to events
• Perform risk assessment for events
• Employ risk management for events
Day 1 – Event Planning
• Conceptualisation and proposal planning
• Marketing/publicity, organizing and budgeting
• Event logistics, showdown and evaluation
Day 2 – WSH in Events / Risk Management
• Introduction to WSH Act
• Hazards and Risk Identification
• Risk Management
• Case Study (Risk Assessment)
Executives who will oversee event setup and operations.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• At least 1 year of working experience in the MICE/Events industry
• Committed to deepening skills in the industry
• Relevance of course to current/future job function
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
• 14 SDU points will be awarded.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.